I’m so excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Erica. The Liebster, taken from the German word for ‘beloved’, is a chain-letter award sent to up-and-coming bloggers from bloggers. One thing, you have to have less than 200 followers. Check! So, as a newbie blogger of two months, I’m ultra flattered.
Rules are rules and I intend to stick to them, just the once. So here are 11 random facts about myself. Sitting comfortably? With a brew? Let’s begin!
1) My first piano lesson was at the age of 5, from the piano teacher who lived next door but one. I couldn’t even reach the pedals, but my mum sent me because all the other children in our street were taking lessons. I’m so glad she did.
2) I have a total appreciation for Alphabeat.
3) Four years ago, Florence Welch barged into me, sending me flying and spilling my drink. She never apologised and I have never forgiven her.
4) I have 3 ‘beauty spots’ on my stomach which form an equilateral triangle.
5) I’m in love with pink lillies, despite my hay fever trying to keep us apart.
6) I’m five foot 1 and a half. I lied. I’m actually five foot, but I like to add the inch and a half.
7) My mum almost called me Louise.
8) When I was 14, I went on a school trip to New York. At the time, I totally didn’t realise what a big deal it was.
9) If I go the races, I buy The Racing Post to choose my horses wisely.
10) I was born at the end of October, making it the law to wear fancy dress for my birthday night out, every year. Yes, I have good friends.
11) I used to have long, very curly hair. People told me I looked like Katie Melua. I loved it.
And now, the questions from Erica!
1. What is your middle name, and would you change your name if you could?
I don’t have a middle name. My mum was going to name me Louise, then she thought Donna Louise, then decided it would be totally unfair as my brother didn’t have a middle name. If I’m in a bar and someone, of the male variety, asks me my name, I tell them it’s Laura. I wouldn’t change my name to Laura, it was just the first thing I thought of and it stuck.
2. What was your first ever concert, and the last you went to?
My first ever concert was The Hives in 2002, at Liverpool Guild of Students. I wanted to be right at the front and instantly regretted it when they launched into ‘Hate to Say I Told You So’. I ended up crawling through the crowd. The last gig I went to was Spector, at the HMV Ritz in Manchester. It was a birthday present from Katie (see above). We had a giggle.
3. What is your favourite movie, and can you recite a line from it for us?
Lost in Translation! Mainly because of Bill Murray.
Bob: You want more mysterious? I’ll just try and think, “Where the hell’s the whiskey?”4. Tea or coffee, and how do you take it?
Coffee, milk, 1 sugar please.
5. What was the last book you read, and are you a kindle or original girl?
Totally an original kind of girl, there’s nothing better than the smell of a new book. I’m reading The Hunger Games trilogy at the moment, on the second book.
6. Scrambled or poached, and with what on the side?
Not fussy, if you’re making…I’m eating.
7. Can you play an instrument, and to what level?
I’m a bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none. My main instrument is piano, I’m working towards my grade 7. I would describe my level as Les Dawson after drinking. I play guitar, clarinet, cornet to some level and also recorder…if I can include that.
8. What one food would you survive on forever, and can you cook it?
Forever is a long time. I don’t think I could survive on anything forever.
9. Lindsay lohan’s best movie is meal girls. true or false?
Totally true. Love that film.
10. Pink is obviously the best colour, but what’s the second best?
11. Next to me, who is your favourite instagrammer, and give me their name.
@whatpeggysaid @missehudson @monty_rose …go see!
1) Susanne from Predict the Day
2) Sarah from Yet Another Lifestyle Blog
3) Katie from It’s a Thursday Thing
By law, I’m supposed to nominate 11 up-and-coming blogs, but since both Erica and Kim are now sighing under the weight of all their Liebsters, I think I’ll give them a night off!
Here are my questions:
1. Do you drink Whiskey? If so, how do you take it?
2. Capital letters. Important or not?
3. Which celebrity would you most like to meet? Dead or alive?
4. Do you enjoy your job? Why? Or, why not?
5. What part of your body do you love the most?
6. What is your most embarrassing moment?
7. What is the best beauty tip you have?
8. Best holiday you’ve ever been on?
9. What is your favourite CD?
10? What is your claim to fame?
11? Are you part of the Ryan Gosling fan club?
So there you have it! Thanks to Erica for the nomination! It’s made my week!
As always, much love,
Donna x (Geek extraordinaire!)